Waters, Waters, Everywhere

The latest issue of Baltimore Magazine, not yet on newstands, has a fun interview with John Waters by the director of Saved!, Brian Dannelly (UMBC grad, btw).

Besides Waters' new movie, A Dirty Shame, which opens next month, they talk about an upcoming Biography on Waters:

JW: I took them to my favorite corner in Hampden. It's a ritual that I always go there for inspiration when I'm about to start a movie. And during the interview, this guy came out of his house in leopard pajamas and he was playing with himself the whole time. They couldn't believe it. They thought I had set it up. They thought he was a plant. It was so amazing. You can come to Baltimore and realize that all my films are really true. They're part documentary of how I see Baltimore."

Waters was in town recently, so if you've sent him mail in the past couple of months he just picked it up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Atomic Reading Club 2024: The End

Atomic Reading Club 2023 - Outer Limits

Baltimore Record Shops - 40 Years Ago